Category: Al Franken
Posted: 06/01/08 16:08
by Dave Mindeman
Boy, the DFL Senate race has its problems. Al Franken is in a heap of trouble with all those nasty words he has uttered or written over his career.
But it could be worse. Think of this candidate from a few years ago:
1) He had nude pictures of himself which were widely distributed on the internet...and on gay p**
sites; they are still there.
2) He had numerous sexual harrassment charges and admitted that some of them were true....while he was married.
3) He admitted to smoking pot and hash -- one incident recorded.
4) Was rumored to have participated in orgies.
5) Used steroids routinely...over several years and did not deny it.
6) His father was a member of the Nazi Party.
7) Had a 1977 interview in OUI magazine that discussed a multiple sex liason with graphic language.
Wow! Just think if you had to support that candidate in an election. No way?
But this guy was a Republican and he had the full support of his party. And, (gasp) he won his election.
Maybe you guessed that this guy was Arnold Schwarzenegger
, the Governor of California with current approval ratings through the roof.
Now, Al Franken may not be the right choice for the Minnesota Senate this year.... the delegates will have to decide that. But for Pete's sake, don't let some off-color words he may have written years in the past be the basis on whether or not you give him your support.
Republicans want to keep distracting everyone from the record of Norm Coleman and by golly, they are doing a pretty darn good job of it, because we let them.