Posted: 10/31/16 00:51
by Dave Mindeman
There is something that really bothers me about this latest e-mail revelation. And it all kind of revolves around Anthony Weiner. Here are the relevant points we know so far:
1) The laptop in question actually belongs to Anthony Weiner.
2) Huma Abedin professes that she did not use this laptop very much.
3) Yet, there are claims of over 600,000 e-mails on it, of hers.
4) Huma claims that when she turned over her electronic devices, her lawyers didn't think a shared laptop with her husband would have anything relevant - although they did not look.
5) She says she tended to work on whatever convenient device was available to her at the time she was working, but did not move any e-mails involved, into any organized folders; and did not delete them.
6) Huma Abedin has a security clearance.
7) There is a strong likelihood that the majority of these e-mails have already appeared in the recovered e-mails from the ongoing investigation.
8) Anthony Weiner and Huma Abedin are in the process of getting a divorce.
Now, here is what puzzles me. The discovery of these e-mails happened during the FBI investigation of Anthony Weiner's sexting scandal. He is apparently in full cooperation with the FBI. This laptop was seized during this investigation.
It is Weiner's laptop. He has had it in his possession most of the time up until the FBI confiscated it. Weiner and Abedin are going to be getting into a potential messy divorce. People headed to divorce do some pretty strange things - depending on how angry and vengeful they can get.
How did this all come about? Well, you could speculate about a lot of things.....right, Anthony?